Monday 9 June 2014

Chanel nail polish, tried & tested!!

We all love Chanel. 

Every now and then it's perfectly okay to splash out on something designer. We deserve it!!

I've got my hands on the highly sought after Chanel Eastern lights nail polish.

White nail polish is very popular and so it should be, it's so pretty for summer. 




This cost €23 from the Chanel counter in Arnotts, Dublin. 

White nail colours of any kind, be it polish or shellac is quite transparent, so 3 coats is a must. 

So that's what I did, I sat down for nearly 45 minutes to try this polish out. I have not worn nail polish in such a long time as I'm a shellac fanatic, but for this, I was willing to make an exception.

I gave this polish 3 coats, gave it plenty of time in between coats to make sure it was dry. It possibly could have done with a 4th coat but I draw the line at 3. It was easy enough to apply, wasn't too thick. 




I love the colour, It's such beautiful shade of white, really pretty. Not too harsh or didn't have that tipex look. I love it.

What I don't love is that it's like every other nail polish I've ever worn, it was chipped within a few hours.  This really disappoints me as it's takes so long to put it on and to let it completely dry. Even with a quick drying spray. For it to chip so fast. 

The fact that it's so expensive for a polish, you automatically expect it to wear better than other cheaper polishes. Sadly this isn't the case. 

I need my shellac back and fast!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment